The instructable that I learned this from was pretty useful, but it left out a few things that I wanted to elaborate on.
- A blank PCB (“copper clad”) to etch your circuit from (here’s what I got but any copper clad will work. Note: avoid the 0.127″, it’s too thick to put some leads all the way through)
- Sharpie (for etch resist)
- Muriatic acid – 20 Baume 31.45% (the 14.5% junk doesn’t work). Also take care not to murder yourself with this stuff.
- Hydrogen peroxide – 3%
- A glass container with a lid. Make sure that the lid is not airtight. If it is airtight, it can explode… acid everywhere… bad news.
- Nerd goggles (safety first)
- Particle respirator mask
- Automotive rubbing compound (from the auto parts store)